I think this is week 6 of the freelance journey and I’ve finally seen some promise. I knew it wouldn’t be easy. I wasn’t entering this with a back pocket client that would help pay my bills. I entered with a savings account I’m hoping doesn’t run dry.

I got a Facebook message from a friend, from my ex-day job, with some UI/UX design work for a project he was doing development on. It will cover my bills this month, which is awesome and it could potentially lead to even more work in the near future. I signed the papers on that project yesterday and began work today. I also have another project in the pipeline for a small quarterly publication, but that is still in the discussion phase and I am trying not to count eggs before they hatch.


On the paid work front that’s about it. It’s a small victory, but it’s my first “real” victory. On the personal project side I have been doing a lot of work for the Design club I am the president off. We are launching a lot of new stuff next month which has kept me busy. I started a side project with a couple buds, which included this exploration:

 

 

The skulls were fun. It got me experimenting with creating digital brushes from traditional mediums. It also has me working with red, which I never do. You should expect to see a lot more of this type of work down the road.

I’m continuing the work on a project for my cousin, which I posted a concept a couple weeks ago for. Here is another concept we aren’t using.

 

 

But I did get to work with him and his wood mill, which was awesome!